Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pear and Gorgonzola burgers




It seems the All American Burger went Italian for a day!
Burgher is the ultimate american comfort meal, and well, leave it to an Italian to mess with it....but don't worry, it's all for the better!
As far as the beef, I chose 80/20.....you need the 20% of fat to keep the meat juicy, but if you want to use a leaner meat, buffalo is what I recommend, it's very flavorful.
I only seasoned the meat with salt and pepper and 1 tbs of worsheshire sauce. I formed the meat into small 2.5" diameter burgher patties to fit on the mini brioche buns I purchased at the store.
I cooked for about 5 minutes on each side keeping them medium rare and about 2 minutes away from the meat being done I placed 1 bartlett pear sliced onto the grill to cook. Keep the pear on the grill until the marks are clear then remove it, yo don't wanna over-cook it or it will fall apart.
I dressed the brioche with a light coat of mayo and ketchup, then place a nice leaf of escarole lettuce and a ring of thinly slice onion.  I place the pear and my burger on top, coated with a generous amount of gorgonzola cheese, the heat from the burger will melt it to perfection!
Enjoy it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment