Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heirloom tomatoes, hatch chiles and arugula quesadillas



Just fire up the Grill, and pour yourself a nice glass of VINO. This is easy and will only take a few moments.
Hatch chiles are only available for a few weeks out of the year but the are spectacular in their heat and smoky flavors combined. You can buy them fresh...or roasted. I got mine fresh...well what's more relaxing than cooking at the grill on a hot summer night?..NOTHING!
I washed my chiles and dried them with a towel, they cook better dry. You want to cook them on high flames till charred, once done place them in a Tupperware container and close it with its lid. The steam will allow the skin to be easily peeled off, and that's when they are ready.
Once cool enough to touch I peeled them ad cut them into small pieces. I opened 4 taco size flour tortillas and filled them with cheese and some chiles ( amount desired), I folded the tortillas in halves and placed them on the hot grill for a few minutes on each side until clear marks were created....
and yes, this dish is this simple and quite tasty, we each had seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment