Friday, July 8, 2011

red white and...greek


So I'm sure you guessed I made this for the 4th...the red white and blue all American theme should have given it away, but I do make this though out the summer. Mostly because I have a 5 year old daughter who loves to help me cook and well, while she's not old enough to turn on a burner she can most certainly mix a few ingredients.
It is a win- win situation, she has a blast putting on her play pretend chef 's outfit and i get to do less work and enjoy a great fruit salad.
All I had to do was cut the jicama in small pieces and halve the strawberries. she washed them ans mixed in the blueberries. Her favorite part was to scoop out 3 tbs of jogurt,( I chose my favourite Greek jogurt, rich and creamy ) 1 tbs of honey and 1 tbs of sugar and mix them well together...:( with her hands...
She wanted pretty cups to make it "seem like a party" and what's prettier than a martini cup?









No comments:

Post a Comment